My friends at Think Tank Photo have just announced that they are launching one of their popular Test Drive programs. This one is for their revolutionary Sling-O-Matic sling bags.
With Think Tank Photo’s Sling-O-Matic™ line-up of bags you have the photo industry’s first sling bag that can be easily switched back and forth to either shoulder. The Sling-O-Matic’s adjustable, fully padded shoulder strap “automatically” slides along a set of rails to change which shoulder the bag can be worn on.
You can try a Sling-O-Matic for free for 30 days! If you don’t want to keep it, ship it back to Think Tank, no problem. If it meets your needs, on the 30th day your credit card will be charged. (Offer limited to U.S. addresses.) Check out the product video.
This innovation is the solution to the problem inherent with sling bags: they are designed to be to worn over one shoulder only. With one smooth motion, the Sling-O-Matic can be quickly switched to the opposite shoulder without losing the characteristics that have made sling bags popular among photographers.
The Sling-O-Matic series offers three unique bags to choose from, depending on the photo gear you carry. The Sling-O-Matic 10 can carry a standard DSLR and three to four lenses, including a 70-200 f2.8. The Sling-O-Matic 20 and Sling-O-Matic 30 can each carry a standard DSLR and four to six lenses, including a 70-200 f2.8. The Sling-O-Matic 30 also features a separate laptop compartment for carrying a 15.4″ laptop
· Industry’s first sling bag that can be easily switched back and forth to either shoulder.
· Each bag fits a DSLR with up to a 70-200 f2.8 lens with lens hood in position.
· All bags are flexible to fit pro size DSLRs with a lens attached.
· Discreetly stylized to avoid obviously appearing like a camera bag.
· Long side pocket for carrying a tripod, large water bottle, or other accessories.
· Large handles on three sides.
· Wide zippered pockets on front, back, and side.
· Business card pocket for identification.
· Removable/adjustable straps and waist belt for additional stability.
· Small storage pocket for storing removable straps.
· Fully padded compartments for protection.
· Seam-sealed rain cover included.
I was going to request one, but read the fine print and it’s not available to Canadians 🙁 And they confirmed that for me too.
Yeah, unfortunately that’s not surprising due to the complications with taxes. Everyone would be forced to pay import duties and taxes on something that they aren’t necessarily purchasing.