Another question that comes up quite often from readers of this blog and visitors to my site is “what gloves do you wear when you are shooting in the snow?” I’ve seen this question discussed on several other photography websites too, it’s not just ski and snowboard photogs who are in need of a decent pair of winter shooting gloves. Of course the problem is that we want to stay warm but also retain the use of our finger tips for operating the camera controls and most importantly, the shutter button.Â Wearing a think pair of winter gloves, it’s all too easy to miss a shot because you were not pressing down hard enough to squeeze the shutter through the thick material.
The Photog glove from POW solves this problem perfectly.Â The tips of the thumb and the first two fingers can be folded back and held out of the way by the ingenious implementation of a few small magnets.Â When it’s time to shoot, fold a couple of finger tips back for full dexterity and fire away.Â The palms of the gloves are also covered in a camera based pattern but this is not just aesthetic.Â The pattern is made from a very sticky rubber to give you great grip on your gear in the cold.Â The gloves are suggested for temperatures from 25 to 65 degrees F.Â If you plan on using them in even colder climates, they work very well as a glove liner which is how I tend to use them, wearing them inside a large glove such as the POW Assault.
So where can you get your soon-to-be-warmer hands on these gloves?Â If you live in a ski resort town check your local stores first but if you draw a blank you’ll be able to pick them up from backcountrystore.com
.Â Those of you up here with me in the great white Canadian north can get yours at www.luxusaccessories.com.Â If you are in Whistler they sell them at Evolution.
Support the site
If you enjoyed reading this post and found it helpful, please consider supporting the site by making your next photography purchase by clicking through one of the links below. Thank you!
- B&H Photo
- Outdoor Photo Gear
- Think Tank Photo -As a friend of this site, clicking through to the Think Tank site and spending more than $50 will earn you a FREE bag when you reach the checkout. Choose from several different accessory or modular bags for FREE!
Latest posts by Dan Carr (see all)
- Introducing Shutter Muse – Win a MindShift Rotation 180 - December 4, 2013
- Flash Manufacturers, You’re Doing It All Wrong – Profoto B1 - November 12, 2013
- Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L II – CRAZY Deal!! - November 11, 2013
- New Nikon Df Leaked! - November 4, 2013
- Think Tank My 2nd Brain Review - November 1, 2013