Thanks for your continued help and readership, it means the world to me!
It can get expensive to run a popular website and I really appreciate all the help you guys give me with this by using the links on this page, or in my blog posts to make your photo gear purchases. When you use these links, I may make a (very) small commission and this money goes directly towards paying for things like the server costs and website upkeep. You won’t pay a single cent more for your purchases by using these links.
Thank you for your kind support, you rock! –Dan
Got a question? I answer all gear questions personally
Yep that’s right! I want to pass my experiences on to you and help you to make better purchasing decisions. A lot of this gear is expensive so I want you to make the right decision. Yes I can be a bit opinionated sometimes, but I know what I like and I know what works. If you have a question, fill out the form on the contact page and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I’ve helped hundreds if not thousands of people make the right decisions in the past and I try to answer within 48 hours, but if I am traveling please bear with me! Keep your questions concise please as I do get a lot, bullet-point them if necessary and please use the links below to thank me for my time in helping you. I’m in a much better position to help than any camera store employee who has likely only read the spec sheet and what’s written on the box.
My Preferred Stores
- B&H Photo (free shipping available in Canada)
- Think Tank Photo (get a free gift ->details)
- MindShift Gear (get a free gift->details)
- Peak Design – Straps and bags
- Tragopan – Wildlife photography blinds and camouflage
- Skylum Software – Luminar/Aurora HDR (save 10$ with coupon ShutterMuse10)
- Topaz Labs – Check out the incredible A.I Gigapixel resizing software! (save 15% with coupon code shuttermuse)
- Capture One Pro – Raw editing for professionals
- On1 – Makers of On1 RAW, editing and photo organization
- Dotphoton RAW – Raw file compression software
- Perfectly Clear – Excellent batch processing for event photography
Ballheads / Tripods
- Acratech – Makers of the amazing GXP ball head among other things. (get free US shipping with coupon code ShutterMuseShipping)
Photography Website Stuff
- SmugMug (20% discount)
- Graph Paper Press – WordPress Photography Themes (get a 25% discount here)
- Photocrati – WordPress Photography Theme
- Imagely – WordPress Photography Themes and Gallery Plugins
- Elegant Themes (this is what I use) (20% discount)
- BlueHost (website hosting with a 30% discount) – Good/cheap for a first website
- Kinsta – The best web host for professional users. This is who I now use for all my sites. Their support is absolutely second to none.