F-Stop is now shipping the first batch of their new day pack the Guru. This new back is a great do anything bag. Carry it around town with you , take it snowboarding or hop on your bike. The rear opening of the pack is smaller than that on the Loka and Tilopa BC and is designed around the size of the medium ICU (you can find extensive photo comparisons of the ICU sizes on this page). As with all the new F-Stop bags though you have a choice over which ICU you purchase with the bag, or you can buy them all to give you the best flexibility with how much gear you carry. The Guru is the first pack from F-Stop to feature their new Gatekeepers , which will appear on several new packs in the future. The Gatekeepers are removable, adjustable straps. There’s more of a dedicated “organizer” pocket than on the very mountain specific bags, again adding to the versatility of this one. You could easily use this to carry some books to university or college by day and camera by night. The internal sleeve will fit most 15″ laptops , though offers no padding so so you might want to slide it into a sleeve as well. The Guru starts at $215 , more details below.
Guru – 28 liter all purpose mountain pack for small & medium ICU
Tilopa BC – 48 liter backcountry specific pack for small,medium & large ICU.
Loka– 37 liter all purpose mountain pack for small,medium & large ICU.
Satori EXP – 58 liter expedition photography pack for small, medium, large, XL and Monster ICU
Product Features: ( As per F-Stop website)
- Slightly flatter bottom to improve the pack standing up.
- Dedicated Hydration port works with all Hydration systems.
- Unpadded Internal Laptop sleeve / Hydration Compartment fits up to 15″ Laptop.
- Mesh backpanel with ridges for increased air flow.
- Sternum strap is now adjustable but permanently attached to shoulder straps.
- Dual Side tensioning Hip Belt system reduces strain when tightening.
- Large front pocket with built in organizer.
- Military Grade Mesh side pockets minimize snow and dirt collection, have bottom drainage holes.
- Works with our the GateKeeper system
- The new gold standard in a performance Day Pack. The perfect choice to carry your gear on a mountain bike or just around the way. Ideal for day trip or just around town with your full setup.
- Work with the Small, Medium, and Hatchback ICU’s so you can use the correct ICU for the trip. Smaller ICU for less camera gear and more other stuff, or an extra ICU for all Camera gear.
- Airline Carry-On Safe – Below the legal size limits for major airlines (just pull the ICU out if you get on a 4 seater Cessna).
- Molle attachment points work with every piece from our Dakota Component System and the internationally standardized Molle System.
- Internal un-padded Laptop Sleeve fits most 15” laptop.
- Rip Stop nylon and high density foam make this backpack a workhorse that stands up to abuse.
- Full sized hip belt, padded shoulder straps, and adjustable sternum strap allow you to carry heavy loads easier.
- the GateKeeper straps fit tripod, snow shovel, snowboard, skis, and almost anything else you want to carry.
Technical & Materials Details:
- Volume: 28 Liter / 1,700 Cubic Inches
- Weight: 1,170 Grams – 2.60lbs (No ICU)
- Dimensions: 14” (wide) x 20″ (tall) x 9″ (deep)
- Internal Compartment Space fits Small, Medium & Hatchback ICU.
- Torso Length: 18.5” (Regular fits for 5’0″ to 6’5″ but prefect for 5’5″ to 6’2″ // Short fits 4’6″ to 5’10” but perfect for 4’10” to 5’5″)
- Metal internal Frame for all day comfort even while carrying heavy loads.
- Fabric Info: Ballistic Rip-stop Nylon, Abrasion Resistant Nylon Webbing, High Density foam, Heavy Gauge Zippers, YKK Waterproof Zippers, Waterproof Urethane coasted mesh